Friday, February 10, 2006

It's been too long........

It's been too long since I last posted.......but not much to post about on the poker front. My family has been battling the flu for the last week and a half. My 4 year old son brought it into the house and it's spread like wild fire since it's introduction. I was in bed last Wednesday through Saturday and still don't feel like myself a week later. The worst is my 10 month old boy as at that age they just don't get it......they know they feel like crap but just don't understand.....breaks your heart.

On the poker front.......not much to report. Haven't been to Trump in awhile.......between being ill and the live bankroll hurting right now just haven't had the chance. I'm playing in a live tourney tonight with my Dad and brother courtesy of RCG. We shall see how it goes. I've played in a couple of online Full Tilt MTT's this week as I am still wanting to improve my MTT skills. Played the 16K a couple of times and the new 8pm $10 + $1 double stack tourney a couple times as well. I know my game is improving because I go deep most times but I just can't seem to get over that hump into bigger money. In the double stack Wednesday night I was 2nd in chips at the 2nd break really rolling. I proceeded to go card dead but used my stack to pick off orphan pots from time to time and steal as well. Top 45 were ITM and we were down to 60. I had around T13000 at that point with the blinds 300/600 with a 125 ante. I got pocket jacks and it was raised to T1200 by the big stack at our table (T35000) and there was one MP caller. I pushed and the big stack went into the tank finally calling. The other limper folded and he turned over A 10 offsuit. I was thrilled until an Ace and a 10 flopped and I got no help. If I double up there I think I give myself a good chance to make a run at winning the tourney in a spot where a lot of people were starting to focus on getting into the money. I don't know.........I need to keep working on my MTT game as I want to improve there this year. The only problem is it takes time and money which takes away from my ring game efforts.

I might take the next couple of weeks and dedicate solely to online ring games again to build back up my roll a bit before putting another couple hundred out there for MTT.

We shall see.

On the home front.......taking the family to an indoor water park for a long weekend next month.......they deserve it.....they're the best! Also starting to look at a Vegas trip with my wife, sister and brother-in-law for the second weekend in June. Hope it works out.......

Anyway....wanted to check in.....will let you know how the live tourney goes tonight.

Til next time.

Baz Out
|