Wednesday, January 11, 2006

Multi-Table Tourneys

I played in Full Tilt's 16K gauranteed last night.............

Not much to note..........played one hand 10 minutes into the tourney. Pocket Kings and the flop came K Q 10 with two clubs. I made a pot sized bet thinking to myself "push out the flush draws". It folds to a guy in MP who raises me all but T400 of his stack. I think to myself, "he's willing to committ his stack on top pair, top two pair, or a flush draw?" I push and he insta-calls flipping over A J for the flopped straight..........I think...."Oooops." Damn.....the board didn't pair and I was gone. No idea how I didn't see that as a possibility......wasn't happy with myself.

So I joined a $10 + $1 tourney that was starting in a little while. 315 entrants and I finished 10th. I got short stacked as we approached the bubble and used the table tightening up to my advantage by stealing the antes and blinds with greater frequency.......I got lucky a couple of times and doubled up. The blinds were 1,000/2,000 with a 225 ante and I had T20,000 when we were down to 10. There was a significant jump in the money from 10th to 9th ($30 - $60) and play was tightening due to this fact. I raised in MP with 8 8 and got one caller on the button. The flop came Q 7 4 and I led out with a 5,000 bet. He min raised me and I pushed.....he thought for awhile as he only had me outchipped by a couple hundred (we were the two shortest stacks) and finally called with Q 10 and I went out 10th sending them to the final table.

Overall I was happy with my game. I played with calculated aggression. I am playing in a live WSOP satellite Friday night and am signed up for another the end of January. I'll see how they go and go from there.

I'd like to play at least one MTT per week and continue working on improving my MTT skills.

Probably won't be able to make it out to Trump this weekend but hope to the following week.

Til next time.

Baz Out
|