Monday, December 19, 2005

Full Tilt Tourney

I have been feeling like a playing some tournaments lately so I moved a little of the bankroll over to Full Tilt to play a few along with some ring games to continue chipping away at the bonus I still have sitting there.

I played in the Sunday night guaranteed tourney at 9pm my time (it was either the $16,000 or $10,500....I can't remember which one because one started at 7pm which I planned on playing as well but we got home from my parents later than I thought we would).

When I was sat at my first table who should I see but Joe Speaker (sorry for no link but unable to from work) seated 3 to my right. I went back and forth on whether to say Hello and on what to say so as to not out him as a blogger as well as if he even knew who the hell I am anyway and before I knew it I was moved to a new table so it didn't matter at that point.

I was playing a patient solid game. Normally I have my browser up surfing the web and maybe a couple ring games going as well but I had decided I was going to focus on the tourney........I did have my First Place Chicago Bears game on as I watch them every week but since they are a defensive team their's usually a good amount of time between any serious action so it was all good.

I had built my stack up to around T3000 a little after the first break and got pocket aces. I raised it up 3X the BB and got one caller. The flop came 2 7 8 all clubs and I had the Ace of clubs. I pushed all in and he called with pocket Kings and the King of clubs. The turn was a blank and the river was a King giving him the pot. He had me slightly covered and I was out. I was pissed for a minute but thought about it and was a HUGE favorite when I got my money in so realized I was playing well and just got sucked out on. I'm trying to look at my play and not the results.

I sweated Joe Speaker as I registered for the post-game tourney they have on Full Tilt where they add $1 to the winner for every NFL point scored that day. (Is it considered stalking if you sweat a fellow blogger without ever saying anything so they never know it......if he made it far I would have voiced support.......at least I think I would have.....sorry Joe) I was playing solid and thought I'd give another tourney a shot.

I again was playing solid and had built my stack slowly the first hour never putting it all at risk without the best of it. I was at around T2500 nearing the end of the first hour when I got pocket Kings in MP. There was one limper and I raised it up 3X the BB. The guy on my left pushed all in and had me covered by a couple hundred. It folded around to me and I thought for a moment about his play and if he was the type to push pre-flop with Aces.......I didn't think he'd make that play and put him on 10-10 through Q-Q type of hand. Based on his play I didn't think he would push with A K so I figured I had him dominated. I called and sure enough he had pocket Jacks. The flop was blanks.....the turn a blank......and the river.....you guessed it......a Jack sending me out of the tourney again.

I'm happy with my play and plan to play several more of these tourney's over the next couple of weeks. I think it all comes down to not interacting with the Luckbox in Vegas or having him sweat me or offer me a save........Another bit of info for my wife to try and get to the next bloggerati gathering in Vegas.......maybe she'll go for it.

Hope you all have a Great Holiday as this will probably be my last post until after Christmas. Take the time to enjoy it and relax from all the holiday rush.......Enjoy time with your family whether that's 100 people or just you and your significant other or cat.

Take Care and Happy Holiday's from the Baz Clan.

Baz Out.
|