Saturday, December 17, 2005

No Trip Report Here......just envy....

I've been enjoying the trip reports......sounds like it was even better than anticipated......how could it not be......one of these times I'll make it out there for a gathering....I just hafta......

I know all of you are just dying to know what's been going on with me so let me ramble for a minute or two.........

On the poker front......back to playing a decent amount online.....mostly at Party for the moment but I do want to get some dinero back over to Full Tilt to finish working off my bonus and play few of the tourney's I hear are so soft. My online bankroll has taken a hit for two reasons....1) I had to cash out a chunk of it for the good of my family which is now and forever will be number one. 2) I hit a bad run on Full Tilt which was a combination of bad play....RAZZ....and heads up sit and go's. I am in the process of building it back up to where it was.....I did it once.....let's see if I can do it again. What an awesome feeling it is to be able to use poker winnings for my family's needs......instead of us struggling to make this or that work I simply made the decision to pull a chunk out of the roll and take care of it. I have used poker winnings to take my family on a kick ass weekend trip to an indoor water park, get my 4 year old boy a kick ass Spiderman jumper for his birthday, and pay the escrow overage on the house......awesome.

I made it out to Trump last night after a couple week layoff......played the 2/5 $200Max NL game and fared decently. My NL cash game still needs some work but I'm heading in the right direction. Here's a question........in Vegas the $200 max NL cash game has blinds of 1/2...right? That's the one thing that drives me crazy about the 200max game at Trump......the blinds are 2/5 so there's not any room to wiggle and you committ your stack early.....I've started buying initially for $400 at the cage ($200 in green) so if and when I drop below $100 early on due to being aggressive I can easily and quickly reload back up to $200. Thoughts?

We'll be in Iowa for the holidays this year......Will be making a trip to Prarie Meadows in Des Moines to see what kind of poker and -EV games they got......could be interesting.

Other than that just enjoying time with the kids and looking forward to the holidays. I'm a classic procrastinator when it comes to shopping for my wife.....I usually come up with at least one or two great ideas that go over huge......this year I got nothing. I hope something hits me between now and then....it's coming up fast.

Won't be back to Trump for awhile with the holidays and all......maybe not even until 2006.....we'll see.....

I hope you all have a Great Holiday!

Take Care!
Baz Out
|