Tuesday, April 19, 2005

DSL

I have used my poker money a decent sized purchase (much needed) and hopefully not the last. I hooked up DSL and got rid of dial-up yesterday. I didn't get a chance to play around with it too much but I liked it a lot for the few minutes I was on. I really wasn't unhappy with dial-up other than when trying to download or upgrade programs and see and send pictures which all took way too long. I will look forward to the quickness of DSL and can't wait to get a chance to play around with it.

Question for those of you more computer savy than me......or maybe those of you that have had high speed access for awhile now and learned already. Do I need a router? Or something similar to help deter and prevent viruses, spyware, worms, etc. from infiltrating my system. I currently run Norton Securities and utilize Adaware. Anything else I need?

Thanks.

Hope all is well.
Baz Out.
|