Wednesday, March 02, 2005

Party Bonus and Random Stuff

I've been working on clearing my Party bonus.....first Sunday night for a couple of hours and then last night for several hours. It's been brutal to say the least. Four tabling 1/2 and simply brutal. I thought I was getting ready to bump up to 2/4 but I'll hold off on that for now. I'm down just over $100 since making the deposit with only about 400 hands left to clear. I guess we'll see if this becomes a break even proposition once I add the bonus.

I plan on finishing it off Thursday night as tonight will be spent with the wife and kids followed by the new WPT episode.

Once I clear the Party bonus and get some funds in Neteller I will be purchasing the Poker Tracker Guide e-book written by the blogfather and Hank. I am looking forward to it immensely. I have had all of this information at my disposal and have had minimal ideas (at best) on how to utilize it fully. Can't wait to get my hands on it.......The only problem will be when will I have time to sort through it and apply it. By next Friday a third child will be in the house and that will leave little time for other stuff.

I think I'm going to be using a portion of the winnings from my live tourney and take the wife and kids to Wisconsin Dells before I go back to work after the baby is born. My wife LOVES staying in hotels and it will get her away. The kids will have a blast because we will stay at one of those indoor water park lodges where you come down the elevator and are right there in the water park. The wife can come down with the baby if she feels like it or enjoy the rooms ammenities. I'll be looking into pricing and reservations this weekend. Would be good for the family and a great way to spend a portion of a win like that.

Speaking of my win.........I have a feeling I will ALWAYS remember it due to it being my first bigger money win. I don't know about the rest of you, but $1100 is a lot of money to me and my world. I will always remember it as my FIRST $1000+ win. I was lucky enough to get a visit and congratulations comment from Felicia on my win and how awesome it feels. It made me think about everyone else out there........does everyone remember their first "landmark wins"?

First $1000?
First $5000?
Etc......Etc......Etc.

Curious.

Some of the money will be funding my live poker for awhile and I'll probably order those two additional kitchen chairs that we sorely need.

I wish I could make it to Vegas June 4th for the next live WPBT event but with the baby due to hit the ground any day now that's not high on the priority list. Another time.....another place.

Baz Out
|