Monday, October 17, 2005

2006 WSOP Satellites

Last June I played in one live WSOP Satellite event for the 2005 WSOP. It was a good time and the play was mostly donkyesque..........

For you Chicago area bloggers.......they are starting them again for 2006. The first one is November 6th and then one per month from January through June. They are in Rockford and there are two starting times creating two final tables that play after the second session. There is also a room with limit hold em games up to 5/10 going on as well as single table sit n go tournies in the main room.

The structure isn't the best in the main tourney but the play is horrible overall from my June experience. The sit n go structures are horribly fast as well but I had a good time playing 5/10 once I was out even though the table I was at was tight and fairly aggressive.

I will be playing in the November 6th tourney for sure with my Dad and brother. Last June I took the whole family up and stayed the night before and the night of the tourney in a hotel that had a fun water park area for the kids......I may do that again in a future one but this one is a hit and run.

Another thing I like about this one is you get $10,000 worth of WSOP tokens to use for any events you want. The question is would you use it for the Main Event or split it up for several smaller events and if you cash you can decide whether or not to buy into the main event. My first instinct is to play several of the smaller events and spread out the potential.......what would my fellow bloggers do?

Here's a link to any area blogger/readers that might be interested.....let me know if you're going as I'm sure we'll be going to several.

Baz Out
|