Monday, December 13, 2004

A Little Bit Of Everything.........

I'll start today off by saying I'm definitely JEALOUS at the time it sounds like everyone had in Vegas this past weekend.....as if there was any question that it would be a blast.......I'll be looking forward to reading the updates and reports....I'm guessing it will be a couple of days while the bloggers continue their recovery and try to ease back into their "normal lives".......Thanks to Tao for the initial trip/tourney update.

This weekend was crazy on my homefront........Had to work all day Saturday so I missed the every other month NLHE tourney that I love........it started at 2pm and I wasn't done with work until 6pm.......I did head over there for the side games after.......I can't handle the crazy dealer's choice games any longer......bloody guts......B52........etc.....etc.....etc......it's more of a crapshoot and drives me crazy......takes longer to explain the rules to the people than to actually play some of the games.......there were 46 people this time which is great and just about topping out as far as their space goes.......they run a very nice home tourney complete with raffling of a couple items.....chip set......poker table top.....beer mugs.......neon beer sign.....poker clock.......and provide dinner, pop, and beer. I finally played in a side sit and go and got my money back for taking 3rd.....basically had a great time hanging out, watching the finish of the tourney, drinking way too much, and socializing. I left with $1.50 more than I came with so overall I was a winner.

I didn't play any online poker over the weekend and look forward to playing tomorrow evening. Sunday night was my review that I was looking forward to.......it was great to actually spend an hour on the phone with someone who knows what they're doing and plays poker for a living reviewing and replaying hands that I actually played pointing out where I went wrong......where I was too passive......where I was too aggressive.....where I held on too long.......basically pointing out leaks and things to work on............I had around 2500 hands and he even pointed out and asked me what I was thinking when I played A3o in early position..........he found ONE HAND that I had called when I shouldn't have........I remember the hand specifically because I was trying to 3 table and couldn't handle it......I accidently called and this one hand was one that was brought up......amazing......showed me that they do take the time to really look over how I am playing and are working with me to improve my game.....I was very happy with the review and am very pleased thus far that I signed up for the program......I look forward to my next review.....hoping to fix some of my leaks......basically a big leak of mine now is holding onto pairs too long when I am obviously beat.......having KK in the hole when an A flops and the pot is being raised I'd call it down playing hoping poker...hoping they don't have an A.......I'll be working on it.

After my review I thought about playing online as I was pumped but the kids Christmas gifts aren't going to put themselves together so I started that process after we got them to bed.

Tuesday night I'm hoping to play some online but I may have to work late so we will have to see......it's going to be a rough week at work so it will cut into my poker time.....the good news is next week is VERY LIGHT so the poker playing will increase dramatically.

Baz

|