Monday, November 22, 2004

The Next Step.....

It's been too long since my last post........several things have caused this........busy at work.......wife's birthday weekend........and my monthly home game.

Work is......well.....it's work.

The wife enjoyed the weekend very much and was very happy......which means I'll be happy.

The Home Game: I play in a monthly home game that has always been $.50/1 limit. This past Saturday we talked prior and decided to play a couple hours of our usual limit and then play a no limit tourney......I should mention I had never lost money any month to date......that was about to change.......I had a cold card streak that was horrible. Couldn't get anything going in the limit game and lost my buy-in. The no limit tourney came around and my streak continued.....I was able to steal some blinds due to the no limit structure but couldn't get anything going......after the first two busted out I was in the cut-off and looked down to find pocket Jacks....."finally" I thought to myself.......there was a minimum raise and 2 callers behind me........I re-raise all-in and the button folds........... small blind thinks for a moment and then calls.........my Jacks ran into his Queens and with no help he busts me out..........a rough night at the home game.

Online hasn't been great.......I am signed up with Remmy's Super System and hoping to get help identifying problem areas in my game......leaks......unfortunately I think I'm like a collander and definitely look forward to getting some outside "expert" views at specific hands and how I handled them and what I could do differently to improve......I said before I am looking forward to it and think the outside help will help my overall game improve quicker.

I just purchased Poker Tracker and downloaded the other hands on my computer since the 1000 hand demo stopped. I currently have only 1253 hands in PT and my first review is at 1500 hands. I received an e-mail from Party Poker giving me a 50% bonus up to $100 if I deposited so I made a deposit and took the full bonus. I have heard that Party Poker has bad customer service but my first experience was a good one.......after depositing the $$$ the bonus wasn't showing up in my account so I called customer service........they stated that the offer had expired before I deposited the money and was no longer good......I thought the e-mail said I had until midnight on the 22nd.........the rep conferred with someone and very quickly returned stating the full deposit had been added to my account. Viola!

So my climb to 1500 hands on Empire is on a 500 hand hiatus while I try and build my bankroll a little bit by clearing this bonus.......won't be long.

I'm currently rated in PT as Tight Passive Aggressive..........striving for Tight Aggressive Aggressive.....we shall see if I ever get there...........I'm down 67BB in my 1253 hands thus far so I need to do some more reading on post flop play......and like I said.....look forward to my review.

I'll be out of town for the Thanksgiving weekend with no computer so good luck to everyone and have a happy and safe holiday.

Baz Out.
|