Tuesday, November 09, 2004

Reflection on the Weekend.....

This past weekend I played a fairly small amount of poker online. I made the decision to move over to Party last week and leave UB behind. I simply needed to finish clearing my bonus and then I was going to move the majority of my bankroll over.....leaving a small amount behind for $5 Sit-N-Go's and maybe a MTT or two until I made some money or lost it all.

Friday night I decided to play a sit and go or two......1st one took fourth and the second one I took third getting $10 back of the $11 I had spent on the two.........I then decided to play $.25/.50 NL ring game to finish off the last $6 or $7 worth of bonuses I have yet to clear. My bankroll was down to $30 at this point and I figure I'll see what happens.........Within the first orbit I had my stack up to $75......I'm smiling......playing tight smart poker......I'll clear this bonus and cash out..............

Not 10 minutes later I get dealt American Airlines in LP...........EP raises $3........folds to me.......I put him on a high pocket pair as my fairly short image of him was tight......I was hoping he had Big Slick..........I reraise $10.........folds to him.........he thinks for what felt like forever........he re-raises me another $10...........now I'm confident he has a high pocket pair.....JJ or better..........I move All-In............he thinks again for what feels like forever........ He has me covered by about $10.........He calls..........His QQ is turned over to my AA..........Flop comes Q 10 7 .........Turn and River are both 7's giving him Q's full 7's over my 7's full A's........just when I thought I'd double up.......boom.........that's poker.

The last couple dollars of my bonus money at UB will sit in limbo......I'm not redepositing there for awhile........I am spending the next week or two reading some poker books and getting my plan together to do this thing right and improve my game. I win a little, lose a little, win a little, lose a little, and then boom......I have to get over that hump.......I need help identifying the leaks in my game......getting pokertracker will NO DOUBT help but I'm looking into more than that.

I want a third party to evaluate and review my game. There is a poker community that I talked with a month or two ago that I am going to be joining.......I think it will help expedite my learning curve to have a third party person review my hand histories and stats and give me an objective view and identify leaks. I will update on how it goes.
|