Monday, December 27, 2004

I hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas.........and looking forward to the New Year.

The holiday's thus far have been hectic but fun.......nothing like watching the kids open their presents from Santa.........never imagined how much fun that would be.......priceless.

Poker time has been limited with all the holiday gatherings......played for the first time last night since before Christmas.........it was a decent night.........up 15BB on one table and down 1BB on the second after 2.5 hours. I can see my game improving over time..........I am still making calls I shouldn't at times.....calling it down when I see I am beat.......but I am more and more able to get away from my top pair when that three to a flush comes and that previous caller is raising all of a sudden. Improvement that is welcome.

I am slowly reading SSHE.......enjoying it thus far but not far enough into it yet to talk about. Hopefully I'll get a good chunk into it over this week between Christmas and New Year's.

Another 40BB and I'm moving up limits. I've set 300BB as my goal in order to move up to the next limit......I may increase that before I move up to 2/4 or 3/6 to give myself more of a cushion......we'll see how comfortable I am with my game at that point. I want to have the bankroll that I am comfortable with in moving up levels........Is that 300BB? At the lower limits I think it probably is.........I'll find out here pretty quick. If a 300BB bankroll in a higher limit makes me tentative and change my game than I'll make my goal higher before I move up.

I've done a lot of thinking about WHY I have fallen in love with Poker.........WHY do I strive to get better........I have always been a competitive person.....Poker definitely satisfies that competitive desire.........Money is definitely another reason.......I have no dellusions of becoming a full time poker professional in the future........to those that are I say congratulations and great for you......I simply wish to supplement my income and help improve my standard of living......... my winnings will eventually be used to pay down debt......credit cards......mortgage......car payments.......I will resist withdrawing ANY winnings until I reach a suitable bankroll and limit level and at that point will probably set up a systematic withdrawel of winnings over X amount with 1/2 going towards bankroll and 1/2 becoming a poker debt paying payday. My long term goal is to have poker winnings help me become debt free in 8-10 years.......this includes my mortgage! I like having a LARGE goal to work towards and I will set smaller goals to help me achieve this large goal. I believe this is all possible and will work towards making it so.

I will be posting very sporadically through the New Year as I will be out of town at the in-laws with no internet access for 4 days.........I wish you all a Happy New Year!

Take Care.
Baz
|