Saturday, July 16, 2005

Home Game

I tried to get a home game pulled together last night and failed miserably.....everyone had something going....birthday parties....weddings....you name it. We played anyway but it was just myself, my brother, my dad, and my wife. We played two shorthanded NL tournaments with the first being a $20 buy-in and the second being a $10 buy-in. Later we realized we should have made each one $15 but it was too late by that point.

Being that it was a "friendly" family game I had a lot to drink and don't remember a ton of hand specifics but my wife won both games.......and she's been gloating. She played a solid game and is getting to the point where she can value her own hand versus what the board is showing and what other players may have. She successfully bluffed me out of two pots by coming over the top of me when I had been betting strong the whole way with nothing or close to nothing both times. I was both aggravated and proud at the same time. She's improving....definitely.

I haven't played online as much as I thought I'd be able to this summer. Between swim lessons, tee ball, and a zillion family gatherings I've been exhausted or just plain not home. I did play in the Empire evening freeroll and took third with like 390 entrants. A nice $50 pay for the freeroll but almost not worth the time required to get through it. I was a little disappointed as I was the chip leader going into the final table by a good margin and got overly aggressive allowing myself to get trapped. I definitely learned from it and played a solid game to get in that position in the first place. We'll see if I can keep it up.

I'm hoping to get out again this Friday to play some live poker.....let me rephrase that....My brother and I are definitely going to play some live poker Friday night.....it's just a matter where. If it's just us going we will be heading back to Trump for some 6/12 action. If my Dad decides to go we will be most probably checking out Hollywood in Aurora which is spreading several tables of limit hold em the lowest being 5/10. I don't believe they spread NL but I could be wrong. I'd like to check it out sometime but have heard not so nice things.......less than half the size of Trump.....long waiting lists as a result....rockish tables....blah blah blah.

Anyway....gotta run......til next time.

Baz Out
|