Friday, February 09, 2007

2-9-07

It’s been a busy time in the Baz household since baby #4 has hit the ground. Things have been good on the family side of things…..busy…..but very, very good. I think my wife is a little bummed that our only daughter didn’t get a sister. Don’t get me wrong, she loves the little guy like no other but she was hoping our daughter would be able to experience life with a sister.

Anyway, I haven’t posted in awhile but I have gotten the chance to play some both live and online over the last month. Things have gotten crazy in the online poker world. I personally have been sitting back and watching as the smoke settles. I’m not really sure what I’m going to do. I didn’t have any money in Neteller when that all went down (as I rarely kept much if any money sitting there) so that was good for me. Good luck to all of you out there who are still trying to get your money from them. I’m hoping it all works out for you.

I’ve been reading a lot of blogs and message boards as well as catching up listening to poker pod casts. There are so many different thoughts and ideas of what is going to happen and what everyone should do.

I got an e-mail from Full Tilt regarding their new ATMonline system. I haven’t had a chance to look at it myself but from what I’ve read there are a lot of fees and it’s usable at Full Tilt only. I’ve looked into Epassporte as well and may start the process of getting registered there. Anyone out there who stops by my little corner of the blogosphere and has used Epassporte I’d like to hear your experiences.

As of right now I have money on two sites so I am able to play currently but if I said I wasn’t concerned with my ability to get that money out eventually I’d be lying. I am of the camp that things are going to get worse before they get better. Time will tell. The question is how much time will it take.

I did something a couple of days ago that I meant on doing a LONG time ago and for one reason or another never got around too. I have no excuse. I have finally done it. I registered as a member of the Poker Players Alliance. I encourage all poker players to do the same. You can register as a free member if your bankroll is hurting bad enough that you can’t donate the $20 to become a full member. The point is there is power in numbers and the more people that are involved the greater the chance that legislation can go our way. I am by no means an expert on this subject thus the reason for me joining the PPA to have a voice.

Any of my blogger friends out there that would be willing to do player to player transfers so I could get money on Full Tilt let me know. I have money currently on AP and Doyle’s. I’m actually not positive you can do player to player transfers on AP and Doyle’s but I will look into it.

Currently I haven’t noticed a change in the online numbers and game quality at the stakes I play which lately has been .25/.50 NL and .50/$1 NL. It is definitely harder for people to put money online right now. As these worse players lose money and start to fade away because they can’t put money online as easily the games have to get tougher. Again, Time will tell.

Lastly, I have a request for any LA area bloggers out there. I will be in Anaheim doing the whole family Disneyland experience this summer. It coincides with my convention and we’ve been planning the trip for years. I would LOVE to be able to break away for a day or night of poker at the Commerce or Bike while there (maybe even a home game). If anyone would be willing to share info with me to help me out I would be thankful. Or better yet, if anyone would be willing to pick me up and join me that would be even better. I know I haven’t been to any of the live WPBT tournaments but if you visit my blog you know (or can guess) why I’ve had to miss. One of my resolutions for the year was to try and play more WPBT online tournaments. That has been slightly foiled with the Neteller fiasco and my inability to move funds to Full Tilt or Stars. If there is any question due to not meeting me at a prior event and you have met Shelly from Hella Hold ‘Em or Maigrey the Poker Princess and trust their judgement you can ask them as I’ve personally met both of them.

Til next time.

Baz Out

|