Monday, October 23, 2006

Trip to Majestic Star 2

Played my monthly home tourney last Saturday....the one I won the previous two times. No one was happy and they were gunning for me from the start. I didn't fare so well. Had the chip lead early but lost half of my stack with Q J in the small blind when it folded to me and I raised. My Dad was sitting in the big blind and called my raise. The flop came Jack high and I bet 1/2 the pot. He called. The turn was a blank and I bet 3/4 of the pot. He called. The river paired the board and I pushed. I had my Dad covered and he had about the size of the pot left. He thought and thought before calling with A J taking down a very nice pot. Two hands later I got all my chips in with the best hand and got knocked out second overall. My Dad ended up going heads up and taking second. I should remain on top of the leaderboard and look forward to getting back on top in the next tourney.

Played a home tourney Saturday night with a lot of family and friends of family. Half of the people play a lot and the other half play only once in a great while. I ended up taking it down. Afterwards my brother and I headed out to Majestic Star 2 to check it out. We had not been there since Trump sold it and they are running satellites for the HPT tourney this weekend. We got there between 11:30 pm and midnight. I sat $1/$2 NL and my brother sat $3/$6 while he waited for $5/$10. I'm liking the 1/2 NL game there. I feel like I played well and finished down a buy-in by the time we took off around 4 am. I was going to play a $125 satellite for the HPT event which gives two seats to the qualifier but the players getting in it were all tough tourney players so I figured I'd be better off staying in the cash game and either trying another satellite Wednesday or just buying directly into the qualifier.

I'll let you all know what I end up doing but I'm definitely heading to Majestic Wednesday afternoon for cash games or a satellite and then the HPT qualifier.

Til next time.

Baz Out
|