Monday, June 05, 2006

Vegas Baby.........

I'm heading to Vegas this weekend......Can't wait. My wife and I are meeting my sister in-law and brother in-law out there......The kids will be at Grandma's house.......Almost here.....Almost here. I plan on playing the Sahara tourney on Thursday night and the MGM tourney on Friday morning. No other plans besides playing as many ring games as possible.

I played at Empress for the first time in awhile Thursday night and doubled my buy-in. All in all a good night. I hope to get there one more time before heading out to Vegas. I was planning on taking out some of my online bankroll for Vegas but it's not where it was a few short weeks ago so I will be leaving it alone. My online bankroll has dropped considerably due to two factors. I pulled a chunk over to a second site strictly for MTT play as I really wanted to work on improving my MTT play this year. My play has improved but I still haven't had a big cash and so it's been a drain to my bankroll. Looking back I probably pulled too much aside too early for this endeavor. Secondly, I have been playing higher limits than my bankroll dictates. I have no excuse for this and didn't wise up until I had a serious drain on my roll. No one to blame but myself.

I will unfortunately be back to grinding it out online at the lower limits such as .50/$1 and $1/$2. If Vegas goes really well I will add some to it so I can stick to starting with $1/$2 and $2/$4. Let's hope I've learned my lesson.

I really need to sit down and set some goals for myself. Set a plan and stick to it. In the past I've seen my bankroll growing and pull some out to take my family on a nice long weekend vacation or rent a huge jumper for my sons birthday. I definitely do not want to stop doing these things but I need to be disciplined enough to set a goal setting and reach it before pulling out any for family fun.

I will be thinking more on this in the weeks to come.

Last summer in Vegas I would win money at the poker table only to lose my winnings and then some at the craps or blackjack tables. I need to be more disciplined this trip. I am not going to totally avoid the -EV games but I will set amounts each time and stick with it.

Hopefully I will be reporting on a successful trip.

Until then....

Baz Out
|